The CNC Programmer is responsible for machine programs and related documentation that ensures the flow of production in the machine shop. This Programmer will also be responsible for performing assigned broadly defined technical project tasks in area of technical specialty.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, writes and maintains CNC programs.
- Ability to manually program and debug CNC machine specific languages.
- Initiates and performs technical activities associated with assignment leading to improvements of existing processes or technologies which have significant impact on manufacturing results.
- Assist in getting a first article on all N/C jobs including program troubleshooting.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with a network of support (manufacturing, and engineering) to facilitate completion of assignments.
- Must be proficient in one of the following CAD/CAM / CATIA / Mastercam / Unigraphics/NX for complex shape/surface definition and machining.
- Must occasionally train, counsel and guide technical work of others.
- May provide direction to CNC programmers and expected to consult and guide others as well as be a team contributor.
- Knowledgeable on all paperwork requirements and aware of material planning system and its impact on production as well as safety policies and procedures.
- Use extensive math skills to construct machine programs.
- 3-5 years in CNC multi-axis machining, tool/fixture design and process development.
- Must know machining practices such as blueprint, reading cutting tools, work-holding, and fixturing.
- Familiar with set-up and operation of CNC machines.
- A demonstrated thorough understanding of a variety of CNC machining operations including mill/turns, milling, turning, EDM.
- Demonstrated ability to translate all engineering drawing requirements as required for the development of CNC programs.
- Ability to read, write and edit programs at the ISO G&M code level to optimize and debug as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to program, set up and operates a variety of CNC machining processes including milling, turning and grinding equipment.
- Knowledge of GD&T.
- Demonstrated ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks and assignments within allotted times.
- Ability to carry out assignments that are broad in nature and require appreciable originality and ingenuity.
- Unaided visual acuity or corrected visual acuity should be 20/40 in each eye at infinity (20 feet).
- Ability to spend a substantial amount of time working with a computer at a standard office work station.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop and bend periodically.
- Ability to perform routine, repetitive-motioned activities.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
Click “interview now” to try our new AI interviewing tool! You will be able to have a full conversation about our most common roles and let us know more about you.