CNC Machine Operator
Global Partner Solutions is looking for a CNC Machine Operator to run a variety of CNC equipment in a large production shop. Experience with 2, 3 and 4 axis machines is preferred, as well as both mill and lathe experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make mechanical and/or program adjustments to ensure parts are meeting quality requirements.
- Communicate recommendations to modify processes to improve productivity and quality.
- Able to demonstrate good manufacturing practices.
- Machines parts by utilizing CNC machines to perform various machine functions, such as cutting, drilling, milling, reaming, boring, and broaching of metallic and nonmetallic work pieces
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by complying with organization standards and legal regulations
- Must be able to respond professionally to process improvements.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Working knowledge of blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Grind, file, or sand surfaces of metal items, utilizing a variety of hand tools, power tools, and machines.
- Move materials and maintain work area
- Responsible for visual and physical quality of the parts being loaded and unloaded.
- Have the ability to identify and replace any broken or worn tools and make tool offsets.
- Be able to do setups of previously proven jobs with little instruction.
- Examination of surfaces in order to find defects.
- Removal of defects and smoothing of uneven surfaces.
- Ensures 100% on-time delivery by meeting established cycle times; making recommendations to decrease setup and cycle times
- Ensures quality, assists in reducing costs and continuously improves productivity by accurately tracking job time through bar coding or other means.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior experience with CNC. Machining Centers in a mass production environment is a plus.
- Previous CNC experience is required for this position and candidates must have previous experience in a machine shop environment.
- CNC machining, calipers and micrometers, blueprint reading, production machining, vertical mills, C.N.C./mill/lathe experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Proficient in shop mathematics in order to; calculate tool offsets, home positions, and verify print dimensions. Has basic understanding of geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi task, and adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to work with a High Attention to detail
- Ability to work safely in a variety of situations, follow rules and established processes
- Works well in a team environment. Good communication skills.
- Know how to read and understand complex engineering drawings.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments and gauges to check parts according to drawings.
- A good attitude along with a desire to work in a team environment
- Willingness to grow and learn in an ever evolving industry
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, Trade school a plus
- Experience and ability with measuring tools, calipers, micrometers
- Basic computer and math skills required
- Some experience in reading drawings is helpful
- Knowledge of machine shop equipment and practice, specifically those involving metal cutting
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required in designated areas.