Senior Supplier Recovery Specialist
The Senior Supplier Recovery Specialist is a key member of a team of Supplier Recovery Specialists driving performance improvement at the most critical suppliers by identifying and resolving complex systemic problems. Implement Supplier Recovery / improvement / standard work, used to develop suppliers to perform at World Class levels by improving process capabilities. Supplier Recovery Team’s responsibilities include validation of POs to support demand are accurate, measure / improve supplier Line of Balances (LOB) and past dues (PD), verify raw material and work in process (WIP) positions, review yield/ quality performance, resolve capacity issues, identify tooling gaps and needs, ensure supplier has stable and accurate demand signals and improve Supplier Look -Ahead metrics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deploy Supplier Recovery, which may include any combination of assessments, training, quality improvements, delivery improvements, capacity improvement, lead-time reductions, Lean, Six Sigma, and / or cost savings.
- Lead in cross functional project teams driving improvements in on-time delivery, volatility, sub-tier management.
- Create and manage implementation of strategic projects including project plans, overall tracking capability, reporting of progress within team and up through leadership.
- Complete root cause analysis and recommend / implement corrective actions where developed solutions will drive closure of root-cause actions.
- Interface with all levels of the organization, suppliers, and customers regarding supplier performance and improvement actions and processes. Be prepared to report out at executive levels on plans and results.
- Work collaboratively across complex organizational structures to develop and implement systemic solutions as countermeasures to resolve chronic business performance issues.
- Interface with all senior level management of the organization, suppliers, and customers regarding supplier performance and improvement actions and processes and be prepared to report out at executive levels on plans and results.
- Have detailed work experience in the following areas: Manufacturing/Assembly Operations, Materials Planning, Procurement, Quality, Engineering (Design or Manufacturing), Planning or Program Management.
- Work virtually with an experienced team of professionals with a track record of coming through on commitments.
- Experience with Aerospace products and customers, or equivalent industries such as automotive
- Green/Black belt and /or Lean Expert certification or other equivalent
- Supplier development, Materials Planning &/or Procurement experience is a plus.
- Displays strong analytical skills including data query writing and development
- Demonstrated capacity to meet aggressive deadlines while achieving excellent business results
- Established ability to manage multiple complex projects at once