The following points were accomplished within one year:
- GPSi Project leader immediately brought in to lead the transformation process;
- Identifying the project plan, milestones and actions that were needed to move the project forward;
- Required personnel, both contractors and permanent staff, was recruited and managed by GPSi. The personnel included: buyers, procurement clerks, ERP/MRP implementation group and leader, tool engineer, MRB liaison engineer, supplier quality engineers, industrial engineers, vice-president of operations, senior manager, HR and procurement managers.
- Majority of critical path parts and details were quoted and awarded. This included wing skins, spars, bulkheads, etc.;
- Cost tracking tools were developed and implemented on the shop floor.
- Rate increases as well as the establishment of a procurement organization meant that GPSi was instrumental to hiring a major influx of new employees, taking the overall head count to 600 employees;
- Transition from the parent company’s full responsibility to the client’s onsite stake holders was completed within
GPSi’s successful transformation project gave way to an organization that is now able to procure efficiently all required parts and assemblies for three aircraft wing platforms for which they have obtained contracts. Furthermore, the transformation project freed the parent company from the burden of supporting the site from a parts standpoint, thus improving efficiency and reducing costs.
They work with us:
We are available in every major market. Let’s find a time to connect!
Contact us to set up a meeting!